The mediterranean Ada Renedo comes from the beautiful city of Barcelona, Spain. She holds a B.A. in Advertising and Public Relations from Ramon Llull University in Barcelona, a M.A. in Communication Management from Emerson College in Boston, and an M.A. in Global Communications from The George Washington University in Washington DC.
Along her career, Ada has worked for advertising, public relations and digital agencies in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East; and has spoken at conferences in 4 different continents on topics such as strategic branding and marketing, digital media, crisis communication, and nation and place branding. During her time in Washington, D.C., Ada ventured into the field of Hospitality as Communications Manager at ThinkFoodGroup, the innovative company behind world-famous celebrity Chef José Andrés, where she worked with top-rated chefs on opening exclusive restaurant concepts and contributed to the creation of a gourmet product line, distributed across the United States. After falling in love with the creativity and multi-dimensionality of the food world, Ada now serves as the F&B Marketing Manager at global luxury hotel group, Starwood, in its brand new resort in the center of Dubai, featuring the W, St. Regis and Westin hotels.
ThinkFoodGroup by José Andrés
Washington DC, U.S.A.
Coordinated communications at B2B and B2C level for Celebrity Chef José Andrés' gourmet food line and contributed to marketing communications for his group of restaurants in the USA.
- Created communications strategy through public relations seasonal stories, e-mail marketing and social media to increase sales and drive awareness.
- Created Social Media strategy, including editorial calendars and incentivation programs for lead generation and brand recognition.
- Crafted brand narrative and branded content for retail presentation, hotel partners and national & international media.
- Coordinated partner agencies in the public relations, design and development arena.
Senior Account Manager
Developed strategy and managed online communications for 12+ clients in the finance, consumer, technology, aviation and public affairs sector in the MENA Region.
- Developed 360º digital and online-to-offline strategies for key clients, adding up to a portfolio of approximately $1 million.
- Conceptualized marketing campaigns featuring social and mobile applications, web design and development, blogger and press events.
- Sourced and managed relationships with social monitoring and platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities.
- Successfully strategized digital media buying & Facebook advertising, maximizing CTR and CPC costs.
- Worked with partner agencies to provide digital services to global clients (FP7, Momentum, Leo Burnett, LOWE)
Communications Project Manager & Consultant
360º on-going grassroots, crisis management and image restoration campaign.
- Managed team to develop crisis and image restoration program, featuring public relations, digital and cultural diplomacy tactics.
- Served as spokesperson for local media in Mexico, contributing to the Mayor’s press office efforts.
- Coordinated international relations between the Mayor's office and U.S. consultants.
Branding and Social Media Management Trainee
Personal Branding Guru Dan Schawbel at Millennial Branding
Conceptualized and developed public relations pitches addressed to 50+ business leaders in New England.
- Conceptualized public relations pitches addressed to 50+ communication business leadersin New England.
- Developed identity and content strategy to build & manage the "Personal Branding" online presence.
Public Relations and Event Planning Trainee
FRESA BBDO Public Relations Agency
Coordinated media relations and events for 6+ clients in the fashion and consumer product industry.
- Conceptualized and developed strategic press releases and PR pitches addressed to media leaders in the Spanish scenario.
- Successfully developed strategy and creativity for corporate events and product presentation.
Merit Fellowship Award
Effie Award to Best Integrated
Non Food FMCG Campaign
Helen Rose Award
To Ethics In Communication
2013-2015Master of Arts in Global CommunicationElliott School of International Affairs, The George Washington University
Washington D.C., U.S.A.
2009-2011Master of Arts in Communication ManagementEmerson College
2005-2009Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Public RelationsUniversitat Ramon Llull