The Mediterranean Ada Renedo comes from the beautiful Spanish city of Barcelona. She holds a B.A. in Advertising and Public Relations by Ramon Llull University in Barcelona, a M.A. in Communication Management by Emerson College in Boston, and an M.A. in Global Communications by The George Washington University in Washington DC.
Along her career, Ada has worked for advertising, public relations and digital agencies in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East; and spoken at conferences in 4 different continents. Currently, she serves as Communications Manager at ThinkFoodGroup, the innovative company behind celebrity Chef José Andrés’ restaurants, hotels, retail and philanthropy. Firm believer of understanding through communication, Ada was awarded the 2011 Helen Rose Award to Ethics in Communication, by Boston's Emerson College, for her outstanding contribution to public diplomacy around the globe.
ThinkFoodGroup by José Andrés
Washington DC, U.S.A.
Manage communications at B2B and B2C level for Celebrity Chef José Andrés' group of restaurants and hotels in the USA.
- Create communications strategy through public relations seasonal stories, e-mail marketing and social media to increase sales and drive awareness.
- Create Social Media strategy, including editorial calendars and incentivation programs for lead generation and brand recognition.
- Craft brand narrative and branded content for retail presentation, hotel partners and national & international media.
- Coordinate partner agencies in the public relations, design and development arena.
Senior Account Manager
Developed strategy and managed online communications for 12+ clients in the finance, consumer, technology, aviation and public affairs sector in the MENA Region.
- Developed 360º digital and online-to-offline strategies for key clients, adding up to a portfolio of approximately $1 million.
- Conceptualized marketing campaigns featuring social and mobile applications, web design and development, blogger and press events.
- Sourced and managed relationships with social monitoring and platform partners to support and develop commercial opportunities.
- Successfully strategized digital media buying & Facebook advertising, maximizing CTR and CPC costs.
- Worked with partner agencies to provide digital services to global clients (FP7, Momentum, Leo Burnett, LOWE)
Communications Project Manager & Consultant
360º on-going grassroots, crisis management and image restoration campaign.
- Managed team to develop crisis and image restoration program, featuring public relations, digital and cultural diplomacy tactics.
- Served as spokesperson for local media in Mexico, contributing to the Mayor’s press office efforts.
- Coordinated international relations between the Mayor's office and U.S. consultants.
Branding and Social Media Management Trainee
Personal Branding Guru Dan Schawbel at Millennial Branding
Conceptualized and developed public relations pitches addressed to 50+ business leaders in New England.
- Conceptualized public relations pitches addressed to 50+ communication business leadersin New England.
- Developed identity and content strategy to build & manage the "Personal Branding" online presence.
Public Relations and Event Planning Trainee
FRESA BBDO Public Relations Agency
Coordinated media relations and events for 6+ clients in the fashion and consumer product industry.
- Conceptualized and developed strategic press releases and PR pitches addressed to media leaders in the Spanish scenario.
- Successfully developed strategy and creativity for corporate events and product presentation.
Merit Fellowship Award
Effie Award to Best Integrated
Non Food FMCG Campaign
Helen Rose Award
To Ethics In Communication
2013-2015Master of Arts in Global CommunicationElliott School of International Affairs, The George Washington University
Washington D.C., U.S.A.
2009-2011Master of Arts in Communication ManagementEmerson College
2005-2009Bachelor of Arts in Advertising and Public RelationsUniversitat Ramon Llull